Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Vancouver Day 8-Last Day


Last day of my trip to BC....

This was the caramel popcorn that I bought from Port Alberni....

Before leaving vancouver I really wanted some good sashimi, but an assortment of sashimi not just your run of the mill salmon and tuna sashimi. I must have went into 5 sushi joints and walked out because I wanted something special. I was about to meet Jay for lunch later but I had to have my sashimi fix.

Then I discovered this place.... They are called Sushi Bento on Robson.
The outside of this place looked typical for a sushi take out place, it is small and not interesting to look at.. But what caught my eye was that they were doing pork meat skewers... so it looked like they had something different and then when I opened the menu I fell in love with this roll...

Behold! Taro action...

Toro, Avocado, Roe and CREAM CHEESE. I love cream cheese in rolls. Yes I am a fat kid.
Close up....
Then to actual lunch...

Arts institute- Culinary Arts
http://culinary.artschoolvancouver.com

Candy goes to this school =) This is an alligator shaped bread... cute hey?

Freshly baked clover rolls and sour dough with a chive butter
Gourmet burger with pancetta and provolone
My gamay wine

Soon after lunch because I was trying to get as many meals in as possible..

We went to The Fish House in Stanley Park
http://www.fishhousestanleypark.com/

This is one of my favorite caesars... It's plain to see because they put two pieces of succulent shrimp on the rim... this went down quick.
This is the lobster oil and balsamic vinegar mix for dipping the bread. This is something that I totally regret not buying a bottle of. They no longer have the factory to make this oil.. the technique is that they take the lobster shell and boil it in oil for a long time... Until the oil turns orange! This oil is delicious.

We got an oyster sampler as well..
First up..
Beach oyster- these can be found around B.C.
Chef's creek oyster- found on vancouver island
Summer Ice oyster- found on vancouver island
These are noodle wrapped prawns with ebi mayo and sansho pepper
Corn and clam chowder. Put some of the oil in here... yum.
Sri Lankan seafood curry
This was the herb and bread crusted tilapia with seasonal veges.
I wasn't crazy about both dishes but their regular non dine out menu looks good though.

We finished with a chocolate coke cake.

The beautiful walnut crust...
Creme Brulee....And that was it!
I hope you enjoyed looking at these pictures as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment