Monday, April 12, 2010

Pho cravings continued...

Hoang Long Noodle House
8882 170 Street Northwest (there are a lot of other Hoang Long in Edmonton)

There is a huge bamboo fortress in Edmonton and that's the Hoang Long restaurant on the west side of Edmonton.
Once you step in you notice, the blinds are bamboo, the menus are bamboo the decor is bamboo and so on. You feel like you're in a bamboo castle!!
How did I stumble upon this place? I had a crazy craving for Pho one day. We were in the west end to watch the fight between GSP and Dan Hardy and there are not a whole lot of pho places in the west end I think...
I know of Pho Hoa and Hoang Long in West Edmonton mall and this place..

This is what they have..

The regular pho with assorted beef
Spicy Thai noodle soup- Sort of coconut like, with hot sauce and peanuts.. This wasn't bad...
Fresh mango with soda
Spring Rolls
Salad rolls
The pho was pretty basic there... however my noodles were a bit clumpy and broken... signs that they were over cooked prior to putting them into the broth...
I wish I tried more of their Thai food as they had a very extensive menu with Thai fare...

I think I need to go back... Who's with me?!


No comments:

Post a Comment